Position Title – WR171009032017
Lead Java Developer – Java/J2EE – Multi-Threading – PL/SQL - Investment Mgt. - Boston, MA Area – $$ Open
Outstanding Compensation Package – Base + Bonus + PS
Relo. Possible for exceptional candidates – No Contractors/Consultants Please
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm – Great Company – Lots of Upside – Outstanding Compensation Package – Bonus – Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth possibilities.
The Fixed Income Quant Systems Team is responsible for providing advanced quantitative tools such as analytic calculators, risk models, cash flow engines, liquidity evaluation frameworks, technical pattern modeling, and asset allocation strategies to the portfolio management and research teams. Members of the team play critical roles in firm’s success by providing proprietary technology solutions which enable complex investment decision-making.
This lead role will combine quantitative and software engineering skills to drive development of firm’s next generation of quantitative tools.
• Participate in full-cycle software development including development, regression testing, deployment, and production support.
• Provide technical leadership to a development team with responsibility for architecture, design and implementation.
• Partner closely with investment and research teams to understand business needs and to create effective technical solutions.
• Lead implementation of business process improvements involving (but not limited to) investment process efficiency, data quality improvements and simplifying investor work flow.
Required Skills and Competencies:
• At least 7 years of hands-on software development experience.
• Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing methodologies.
• Demonstrated experience developing J2EE solutions using Java, JDBC, Web Services, Messaging, and related technologies.
• Working knowledge of SQL and database technologies.
• Delivery focus and willingness to work in a fast-paced, mission-critical production environment.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, physics, statistics or other related field.
• Understanding of fixed income security data, analytics and risk management concepts.
• Prior experience using distributed computing, grid or cloud technologies, particularly Amazon Web Services.
• Experience with any of the following technologies:
Keys to this Position:
1) This is a Technical Leadership role that requires strong communication and leadership skills. This is a very hands-on role and will lead a small team of consultants.
2) Technical Stack: The candidate should have strong hands-on skills with core Java, multi-threading, PL/SQL and Oracle.
3) Financial services are preferred, not required. Candidates from other buy-side, sell-side or financial software vendors are highly desired. Fixed Income knowledge is a plus.
Contact Information – Resumes in Word format to:
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354 - Email - GaryWright@WrightAssociates.org - WEB Site – www.wrightassociates.org
|Founded in 1999, Wright Associates is an employee recruiting and search firm that provides comprehensive recruiting and search services to the high technology executive requiring professional expertise in the talent acquisition process.|